"The iBoost D8 Directional System serves to both boost the externally available WiFi signal and repeat that signal at full strength inside your van, creating your own secure network with your own unique security code. This means that the system is compatible with any device which is WiFi enabled – connect your laptop, iPad, tablet, smartphone and even kindle – all at the same time! No drivers to install on your devices and no wires between you and the system.
" - From the Website
Julia and I purchased our iBoost while we were in Portugal a couple of years ago and had it delivered there. It is, I have to say, one of the most, if not the most used piece of electrical equipment we have with us. It is easy to use, and we use it on most campsites with WiFi. It means that only one thing has to be updated with passwords and log in details at each campsite. It also means that if the WiFi signal is weak or out of range for your WiFi enabled equipment, the iBoost will find it, strengthen the signal and spread its warm internetty glow throughout your pitch.
The product comes with:
- Aerial with a suction mount to fit to the exterior of your van
- Micro Switch
- A 5 metre Cable to join the two together and
- A power 12v lead to make it work and
- A plain English instruction Manual
I have purchased extra cables for the connection between the areal and the micro switch as I have the switch placed near the front of our caravan and have found that a 1.5 metre cable is adequate and the 5 metre cable supplied with the product fills a nice hole in a box in the back of the tow car.
- Quick and easy to use. If that is you have a little computer knowledge
Small and compact.
Works really well.
- Occasional trouble joining a new WiFi network using my iPhone however when I resort to the laptop it usually sorts it out
Will we be using the iBoost?
, wherever and whenever I can.
- We position our micro switch on the front shelf, this means that a 2 metre cable runs out of the nearest window, which can then be closed fully on the cable.